Expecting a baby is a very exciting time in a woman’s life and we want to help you have a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby. Regular monitoring of pregnancy allows early detection of health problems that could arise during pregnancy, and their treatment, thus increasing the chance for a normal pregnancy and the birth of a healthy baby.
Fetal Medicine Services available at Dr.Shterev Hospital:
- Early Pregnancy Assessment at 6 g.w.
- Prenatal Ultrasound: 2D/3D/4D ultrasound scans to check baby's heartbeat, measure baby's size, check the location of the placenta, assess the amount of amniotic fluid in the uterus, the doctor will look closely at baby's basic anatomy, including his head, neck, chest, heart, spine, stomach, kidneys, bladder, arms, legs, and umbilical cord to make sure they're developing properly, determine baby's sex.
- Prenatal Diagnosis: first trimeseter screening and fetal anomaly scanning in first and second trimester
- Fetal echocardiography including input from Paediatric Cardiology
- Non-invasive Prenatal Tests (NIPT): Harmony, Panorama. Non-invasive Prenatal Tests are new type of tests that analyzes DNA in a blood sample to predict the risk of Down syndrome (trisomy 21), as well as trisomies 18 (Edwards syndrome) and 13 (Patau syndrome), in the pregnancy.
- Invasive Tests: Amniocentesis, Chorion Villus Sampling
- Fetal Therapy: Insertion of bladder or chest shunts, fetal blood transfusion
- Management of mulitiple pregnancy, including complicated monochorionic twins, laser ablation for twin to twin transfusion syndrome
- Placental insufficiency assessment (growth, maternal and fetal Dopplers)
- Fetal non-stress test
For more information, or to book an appointment please do not hesitate to contact us on: +359 2 920 09 01 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org